GoPro launched its all-new HERO10 Black camera in Malaysia today, and it's got us oh, so excited.
Unfortunately, we did not get to touch and play around with the HERO10 (boo, COVID-19!) but judging by how impressed we were with the HERO9's performance, we're pretty sure that this version should not disappoint.
A new brain
The most significant change for the HERO10 Black compared to it's predecessor is the inclusion of a new processor called the GP2.
The peeps at GoPro say that the GP2 delivers "breakthrough image quality and blistering video frame rates" which sounds extremely cool.
The action camera is said to capture life-like 5.3K video at 60 frames per second, 4K video at 120 frames per second and 2.7K video at 240 frames per second (damn!).
The new processor also enables HyperSmooth 4.0 video stabilization which means no more blurry, fuzzy visuals for all you jitter-hands.
Additionally, the camera boasts higher resolution 23 megapixel photos, improved low-light performance and a more reactive interface - all thanks to that new brain a.k.a the GP2 processor.
Cepat dan padat
Accessing the photos or videos from your HERO10 Black is also a lot easier now.
You can auto-upload visuals to your GoPro cloud account while the camera is charging, offload wirelessly from the camera to the Quik app at a quicker pace (it's supposed to be 30% faster) or use the USB wired offload option, which is said to be 50% faster than the wireless method.
As the earth suffers more and more due to our irresponsible actions, being environmentally friendly is one factor that a lot of users appreciate.
In line with GoPro's commitment to be more environmentally conscious, all products, including the HERO10 Black comes with plastic-free packaging.
And by packaging, what they really mean is a cool looking travel case.
The travel case is not only durable but is designed to fit additional GoPro mounts and accessories. Very the convenient. We like.
HERO10 Black features
For those of you who are seriously considering buying an action cam, check out the HERO10 Black's full specs below:
- All-New GP2 Processor
- Video: 5.3K60, 4K120, 2.7K240
- Video Stills: Up to 19.6 megapixels
- Photos: 23 megapixels
- Improved Low Light Performance
- Local Tone Mapping (LTM) and 3D Noise Reduction (3DNR)
- Next-Gen HyperSmooth 4.0 Video Stabilization
- Increased 45° Horizon Leveling Tilt Limit in 4K60, 2.7K120 and 1080p120 Video
- Front Color Display with Higher Frame Rates for Smoother Live Preview of Your Shots
- Faster, More Responsive Rear Touch Display with Touch Zoom
- Faster Content Transfer
- 3 Ways to Transfer Content: Cloud Upload, Wireless Offload and New Wired Transfer to Your Phone
- New Protective Lens Cover with Hydrophobic, Water-Shedding Design
- Removable, Rechargeable 1720mAh Battery
- TimeWarp 3.0 featuring Real Speed and Half Speed
- 1080p Livestream featuring HyperSmooth 4.0. Video Stabilization
- 1080p Webcam Mode
- Power Tools: HindSight, LiveBurst, Scheduled Capture and Duration Capture SuperPhoto + HDR
- Night Lapse Video
- RAW Photos
- Digital Lenses Providing Ultra-Wide (SuperView), Wide, Linear and Narrow Perspectives
- Voice Control with 13 commands in 11 languages + 6 accents
- 3 Microphones with Advanced Wind-Noise Reduction
- Stereo + RAW Audio
- Custom Presets + On-Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Folding Mounting Fingers for Attaching the Camera to GoPro Mounts
- Rugged + Waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Fast-Charging Compatible
- Compatible with Media Mod, Display Mod, Light Mod and Max Lens Mod (support coming in post-launch firmware update)
Available in stores now
The HERO10 Black can be purchased at selected retailers around Malaysia starting September 2021.
The camera retails for RM2,399 or you could opt for GoPro's dual-lens, 360° MAX camera at RM2,310 or HERO9 Black at RM1,979.
For those of you who have already gotten your hands on a HERO10 Black, remember to join GoPro's Million Dollar Challenge.
In its fourth year now, the competition challenges users to create the launch highlight reel for its new camera.
Those chosen will stand to win an equal share of $1,000,000. Pretty exciting stuff!
What do you think of the all-new HERO10 Black? Hit us up in the comments.