Yup, that's right; Genting's outdoor theme park has finally opened its doors to the public.
A fun place to be!
Named the Genting SkyWorlds, the theme park will begin operations on Tuesday (8 February).
Built across 26 acres at an elevation of 6,000 feet above sea level, the Genting SkyWorlds Theme Park will take guests on a sky-high adventure through nine movie and adventure inspired ‘worlds’, incorporating original Intellectual Properties (IPs), as well as movie-themed fun and excitement across its world-class rides and attractions.
These 'worlds' include:
• The adventure begins at Studio Plaza, a beautiful art-deco prelude into the many other worlds that lie ahead.
• Inspired by the golden era of cinema, the iconic façade features creative elements which reflect a sense of cinematic grandeur, setting the tone for the excitement that awaits guests as they enter the theme park.
• Welcome to Eagle Mountain and the “heat” of a Californian desert. This largely forgotten town is a hangout for bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts with electrifying energy!
Eagle Mountain – Race to Victory
• The highlight of Eagle Mountain – and one of the hero rides of Genting SkyWorlds - is Mad Ramp Peak - Full Throttle Racing, the world’s first dual- powered coaster bike ride, weaving through the peaks and ravines of this iconic mountain landscape.
• Central Park is the largest world within Genting SkyWorlds featuring elaborate facades, colourful lighting and a vibrant music score. Whether it’s a visit to the Natural History Museum or watching the stunning fountain show at the Lake of Dreams, Central Park will take guests into a world of wonder and amazement.
Central Park – Experience World-Class Offerings
• Central Park is also home to a selection of attractions including 'Night at the Museum: Midnight Mayhem' – team up with the museum’s night guard on an action-packed 3D interactive ride protecting the unruly museum exhibits, ESD Global Defender – board your own aerospace fighter for a heart- pounding flight through the galactic skies, and Independence Day: Defiance - with one of the largest state-of-the-art projection dome screens, guests board a ‘flying theatre’ to embark on an exhilarating space endeavor.
• Enjoy the bustling neighborhood of Santa Teresa where fun, excitement and samba music fill the air.
Rio – Vamos, Dançar, Rio!
• Join iconic characters for a spin on the larger-than-life double-decker Blue Sky Carousel. Twist and twirl into a whirlwind of fun on the Rio Carnaval Chaos! teacups ride and soar to new heights on the Samba Gliders, climbing 65 feet for the ultimate bird’s-eye view of every corner of Rio on this family roller coaster ride.
• A pre-historic adventure awaits! Join Sid and the herd in 'Ice Age: Expedition Thin Ice', as they journey through ice caverns, Geotopia and a flowing lava tunnel to find and save the lost campers of Campo De Sid.
Ice Age – The Coolest Adventure
• Acorn Adventure takes guests on a thrilling family roller coaster experience as the nutty Scrat goes in search of his elusive acorn around the icy summit.
• The fun continues at Sid’s Rock N Slide, joining Sid and Diego for a motion- filled spinning log ride adventure. Meanwhile, the Mammoth Fun Zone promises big fun for the little ones with excitement and energy for children of all ages.
Epic – Explore the Hidden Kingdom• Get ready for a grand adventure around the pint-sized whimsical world of 'Epic'. Guests begin at Bomba’s House and an exciting journey on an indoor boat ride - Epic Voyage to Moonhaven – and a tour with Mub and Grub.
• Join the Epic Hummingbird Flyers and help to defend Queen Marigold’s magical seed pod from the Boggans!
• Enter the vibrant world of Robots Rivet Town and join the company of inventors onboard Bigweld’s Zeppelins, a soaring fleet of Zeppelins offering panoramic views of Robots Rivet Town.
Robots Rivet Town – Spin into Fun Times
• Hidden below is the Rivet Town Roller, an adventurous spinning ‘unicoaster’ ride that’s not for faint-hearted!
• The thriving neighborhood of Liberty Lane will feature unique stores, themed food outlets and the Invasion of the 'Planet of the Apes' ride.
Liberty Lane – Excitement at Every Turn
• This first of its kind attraction - designed exclusively for Genting SkyWorlds – will immerse guests in a pulse-pounding 3D adventure featuring Caesar and other iconic primates in a battle for survival.
• In this thrilling galactic world, guests will be put through various challenges including Terraform Tower Challenge, offering thrills and exhilaration of intergalactic proportions with breathtaking views from the top and a unique surprise at the start!
Andromeda Base – The Search for Space is Just Beginning
• The drill continues at Boot Camp Training, where physical obstacle courses challenge even the most agile space recruits. Alpha Fighter Pilots will take riders on a thrilling space battle of 360 multi-directional proportions.
Not only that, the adventure at Genting SkyWorlds is not just limited to the unique array of rides and attractions, but also includes an exciting mix of live entertainment, retail and dining experiences.
The Genting SkyWorlds Theme Park just sounds like a fun place to be, no?
Soft launch discountNow, here's the best part: as part of their soft launch promo, Genting will be throwing in a 20 per cent discount from its published rates for bookings from 8 February to 31 March 2022.
Here are the ticket prices:
To top it off, during the soft opening period, there will be complimentary Virtual Queue (VQ) and Photo+ access available, where guests can download and share unlimited digital photo contents.
There's also a free Genting SkyWorlds Theme Park mobile app (which is available for free on Google Play, Apple App Store and Huawei AppGallery) where you can get a comprehensive guide to Genting SkyWorlds with real-time information that you can help you navigate and experience the park virtually prior to your arrival, giving a head-start on what to do, where to go and how to get there.
Among other features include the ability to check wait times for rides, attractions and shows; receive promotional offers and discount vouchers; discover dining, shopping, games, and Genting's advanced Photo+ service.
For more information, head on over to their official website.