The worker's dormitory for Top Glove and the surrounding areas will be under enhanced movement control order (EMCO) from 17 November to 30 November.
In his daily briefing, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said that the decision was made following advice by the Ministry of Health.
“The Health Ministry has carried out a risk evaluation and studied the probability of infection and has advised the National Security Council special meeting to enforce the enhanced MCO in the area for 14 days until Nov 30," he said according to a report by The Star.
He added that the decision was also made due to a recent spike in COVID-19 cases in the area.
19 cases were reported there so far.
Targetted screenings soon
The areas that will fall under the EMCO would be the male worker's dormitory, Jalan Abadi 1A/KU8, the female worker's dormitory, Jalan Abadi 1A and Jalan Abadi 10/KU8.
A total of 13,190 workers and 1,200 residents will be involved in the lockdown.
Ismail said that health authorities would be conducting targeted screenings on workers and residents in the area.
We hope that the chain of infection can be halted there, and the number of positive cases reduces soon.